- About Suicide Fact sheets from the American Association of Suicidology
- About Suicide: Crisis Intervention From MHSanctuary.com
- Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: Oregon Tries the Dutch Way From Psychiatric Times
- "If you are thinking about suicide, read this first" From Metanoia.com. "I do not want to talk you out of your bad feelings. I am not a therapist or other mental health professional - only someone who knows what it is like to be in pain."
- SAVE -- Suicide Awareness, Voices of Education "The mission of SAVE is to educate about suicide and to speak for suicide survivors."
- Statement of Cheryl A. King, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Michigan, Before the Subcommittee on Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Hearing on “Suicide Prevention and Youth: Saving Lives” March 2, 2004. From APA online
- Suicide -- AACAP Facts for Families Brochure #10
- Suicide -- Frequently-asked Questions about Suicide, What to do when a friend threatens suicide, and much more. (From the NIMH: National Institutes of Mental Health in the U.S.)
- Suicide Helpline Another (different) "If you're thinking of suicide now, read this first" link. Also: Suicide Resources on the Internet. From Grohol.com, one of the oldest mental health sites on the internet
- Suicide and Death-Related Issues -- articles in Psychiatric Times, a comprehensive online magazine:
- Assisted Suicide: Just How Far Did the Supreme Court Go From Psychiatric Times
- China's Suicide Patterns Challenge Depression Theory From Psychiatric Times
- Guidelines for Clinicians Working with Gifted, Suicidal Adolescents From Psychiatric Times
- Homicide-Suicide in Older People From Psychiatric Times
- Identifying Neurobiological Correlates of Suicide Risk in Depression From Psychiatric Times
- Older Alcoholics Face Greater Suicide Risk From Psychiatric Times
- Oregon Suicide Law in Limbo for Now From Psychiatric Times
- The Relationship of Suicide Risk to Family History of Suicide and Psychiatric Disorders From Psychiatric Times
- Risk Management With the Suicidal Patient From Psychiatric Times
- Suicidal Behavior in the Elderly From Psychiatric Times
- Suicidal Self-Injurious Behavior in People With BPD From Psychiatric Times
- Suicide Prevention on Campus From Psychiatric Times
- Suicide Risk: Assessing the Unpredictable From Psychiatric Times
- Suicide and Depression Q&A Answers questions like "Why do people try to kill themselves" and about connection to depression and psychiatric illness
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.