Psychology Self-Help Resources on the Internet
This section of Psych Web was created in the mid-1990s to offer links to psychology self-help sites on the internet. Search engines existed but were not as good as they are now. When I did the 2017 revision of my online introductory psychology textbook, I had to look up references on a wide variety of topics, and I realized my link pages (and indeed link pages in general) were truly obsolete. Google Scholar is the way to go, if you want the latest research, otherwise regular Google search is fine.
Rather than give people who bookmarked these pages error messages, I am keeping the pages online, but in most cases they now offer only forwarding links to relevant chapters of my intro book, if I happen to cover the topic, or else advice to use Google or Google Scholar.
- Abuse -- Physical and Sexual
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD
- Addiction, all types. See Substance Abuse for chemical addictions
- Adolescent behavior problems. See also Family Issues and Relationship Issues.
- Adoption -- psychological issues
- Advocacy for Consumers of Psychological and Psychiatric Services
- Aging -- psychological issues for the aged and for caretakers
- All-purpose Self-Help sites which offer advice on all sorts of problems or mental health in general
- Alzheimers -- Alheimer's Disease and Senile Dementias
- Anxiety -- Non-specific anxiety syndromes, Social Anxiety, Social Phobia, and Shyness. See also Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Attacks, Phobias and Fears, Stress and Trauma, and Trichotillomania
- Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Hyperlexia
- Bipolar Disorder ("Manic-Depression")
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality disorder
- Childhood Behavior Problems. See also Adolescent behavior problems and Family Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Communication Disorders, Dyslexia, Hyperlexia
- Death & Dying See also Suicide Threats and Behavior
- Depression See also Bipolar Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Eating Disorders including obesity, anorexia, bulimia
- Family Issues (See also Relationship Problems for issues involving couples.)
- Genetic Disorders other than Down Syndrome: Angelman Syndrome, Fragile X, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Others
- Learning Disorders
- Multiple Personality (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Online Therapy, Counseling, and Emotional Support
- Pain (Chronic Pain Syndrome)
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Paranoid, etc.
- Phobias and Irrational Fears
- Psychotherapy Consumer Information
- Relationship problems (Crushes, Dating, Marriage)
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress and Trauma
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Suicide Threats and Behavior See also Death and Dying.
- Therapist Finder Sites
- Trichotillomania: The Hairpulling Disorder
- Violent Behavior
Write to Dr. Dewey at email@example.com.
Back to Psych Web Home Page
...or.... Top of this file.
You can also search Psych Web for topics using the site-specific Google search box below.