- About Sleep Disorders Authoritative information about sleep disorders. "The International Classification of Sleep Disorders (ICSD) lists over 84 different types..."
- Archived Columns by William C. Dement Big list of popular advice columns by "Dr. Sandman" (as Discover Magazine called him), the scientist who coined the term "REM sleep." Most columns concern sleep deprivation, daytime sleepiness, and obstructive sleep apnea.
- The Best Available Guide to Understanding OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) Authored by William C. Dement, M.D., Ph.D. and Robert Koenigsberg, CEO
- The Epworth Sleepiness Scale A breakthrough in psychometrics: Ask people if they doze off in various situations, then Presto! tell them if they are prone to daytime sleepiness
- Facts about Narcolepsy Online 4 page pdf from National Center on Sleep Disorders (U.S.)
- Facts about Insomnia Another 4 page pdf from National Center on Sleep Disorders (U.S.)
- Narcolepsy & Sleep Disorders Narcolepsy.com
- National Sleep Foundation Many useful online brochures
- Older Adults and Insomnia Resource Guide From APA Online
- Restless Legs Syndrome Online 20 page pdf from National Center on Sleep Disorders (U.S.)
- RLS, Restless Legs Syndrome Support Site "Restless Legs Syndrome is a neurological disorder characterized by unusual sensations felt in the legs, usually at night."
- Shuteye.com Site steers you to a "prescription sleep aid" but offerse lots of free information
- Sleep A to Z A glossary of sleep disorder related terms, from Sleepquest.com
- Sleep Apnea: Is Your Patient at Risk? Online 16 page pdf from National Center on Sleep Disorders (U.S.)
- SleepApneaInfo.com Information about periods of breathlessness during sleep. "Created through a joint effort by the leaders in sleep disorder therapies, Respironics and ResMed, to serve as an objective online resource for obstructive sleep apnea sufferers and their families."
- SleepChannel.com Comprehensive site includes descriptions of disorders, forums, support groups
- Sleep Disorders Blog Hmm. Is this a blog? An ad for various sites offering "natural cures"? Both? Anyway, there are lots of opinions and some free advice.
- Sleepnet: Everything you wanted to know about sleep but were too tired to ask Comprehensive resource with many links
- Sleep Deprivation May be Undermining Teen Health From the APA Monitor. The late William Dement, the famous sleep researcher, recommended starting high school at a later hour.
- Sleep Disorder Centers Big alphabetized list of Sleep Disorder clinics, mostly in the U.S. with a few overseas
- Sleep Disorders "There are more than 70 different sleep disorders..." A good overview from NeurologyChannel.com
- Sleep Disorders Guide "A comprehensive information guide about sleep disorders. Descriptions, symptoms, causes, treatments of various sleep disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, snoring, restless legs and narcolepsy."
- Sleep Links From the Center for Human Sleep Research at Stanford. Links to organizations, research, Stanford facilities, and online articles
- Sleep Medicine Page "Resources regarding all aspects of sleep" A huge list of links, supposedly updated recently, yet many links were not working when I visited. Link-checking anyone?
- Sleep Problems -- AACAP Facts for Families Brochure #34
- Sleep Site The Sleep Site. By Robert W. Clark M.D.
- Why Do I Sleep So Poorly? by Dr. Timothy Quek
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.