All-Purpose Self-Help Sites
Many self-help sites do not "merely" address one specific problem: they address many problems. Some function as mental health portals, some are commercial enterprises with large collections of self-help documents, and some are "how to" manuals for living or improving relationships.
- 32 KEYS A Collection of Ideas About Life "A collection of ideas about life." Free online self-help book.
- Emedicine Mental Health Center Articles about nearly every disorder
- HelpGuide "Expert, non-commercial information" on a variety of topics from ADD, Alzheimer's, Bipolar Disorder, Child Abuse, Depression... on to Sleep Tips and Stress.
- HeyPep.com "...Self help resource with more than 1700 easily readable articles on motivation, mental health, stress and anger management, spirituality and other self help topics. Visitors can submit their own articles."
- Internet Mental Health "A free encyclopedia of mental health information" and a wonderful resource for abnormal psychology. The server is often too busy, so if you cannot get through, try during off hours. They have pages for all common disorders and many uncommon ones.
- Mental Health Infosource" The Internet service of CME, Inc.--part of our on-going mission to provide useful, high-quality mental health information and education to all who want to increase their knowledge of mental illness"
- Mental Health Matters "User-friendly mental health information directory for everyone with an interest in mental health, mental illness, psychology, psychiatric disorders, emotional well-being and personal growth" by "an Artist/Survivor with MPD."
- Mental Health Net "MHN is a comprehensive, fun, and useful guide to every mental health topic imaginable, with over 2,600 individual resources listed. "
- Mental Health Resources for Psychiatry by Myron Pulier, M.D. Wide-ranging, interesting collection of links
- Peace and Healing Self-help using Native American spirituality. Unique!
- Psychological Self-Help An online book about self-help by Clay Tucker-Ladd, Ph.D.
- SelfGrowth.com "The #1 self-improvement site on the web."
- Self-Help Group Sourcebook OnlineSearch engine for finding national or local self-help support groups
- Self-Help Zone Self-help site founded in 2006 by Info Vision Marketing (IVM)
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.