See also Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency. The links below are more inclusive, dealing with other forms of addiction or the addiction concept in general.
- AddictionInfo.org "The Hub For Progressive Addiction Information"
- Alcoholics Anonymous Web site of the famous organization
- Bright Eye addiction resources page
- Habitsmart--Web Site with Information about Changing Addictive Behaviors "An abundance of information about addictive behavior: theories of habit endurance and habit change"
- Internet Addiction Summary of a 1996 article by Kimberly S. Young, PsyD, about this "new clinical disorder"
- Psychiatric Times Psychiatric Times, a comprehensive online magazine, has many articles on addiction including these:
- Recovery Anonymous "A journey to find...our true selves"
- RehabInfo.net This comprehensive site has information about a large variety of addictions.
- Selfhelp Magazine Selfhelp Magazine has many good articles on addiction. Most deal with substance abuse (and are listed on the Substance Abuse page here in Psych Web). Others deal with non-chemical addiction or the addiction concept in general. For example:
- Addiction: Why Quit? by Phil Rich, Ed.D., MSW
- The Behaviors of Addiction by Phil Rich, Ed.D., MSW
- Coping with Urges by Robert Westermeyer, Ph.D.
- How To Challenge Your Internal Struggle Against Recovery by Larry Tyler, M.Ed., LDAC
- Recovering from Addiction: The Stages of Recovery by Phil Rich, Ed.D., MSW
- Treatment and Prevention of Problem Gambling by Bryan Gibson, Ph.D., David M. Sanbonmatsu, Ph.D., and Steven S. Posavac,Ph.D.
- Understanding Addiction by Phil Rich, Ed.D., MSW
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.