Psychology Self-Help Resources on the Internet
As of 2017 I am no longer updating the links on these pages. At the top of each page I have put links to relevant sections of my online introductory textbook, if I wrote about the issue. If not, the page will simply recommend regular Google searches for therapy or self-help, Google Scholar searches for journal articles.
- Abuse -- Physical and Sexual
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD
- Addiction, all types.
- Adolescent behavior problems. See also Family Issues and Relationship Issues.
- Adoption -- psychological issues
- Advocacy for Consumers of Psychological and Psychiatric Services
- Aging -- psychological issues for the aged and for caretakers
- Alzheimers -- Alzheimer's Disease and Senile Dementias
- Anxiety -- Non-specific anxiety syndromes and social anxiety See also Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Attacks, Phobias, Stress and Trauma, and Trichotillomania
- Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Hyperlexia
- Bipolar Disorder ("Manic-Depression")
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality disorder
- Childhood Behavior Problems. See also Adolescent behavior problems and Family Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Communication Disorders, Dyslexia, Hyperlexia
- Death & Dying See also Suicide Threats and Behavior
- Depression See also Bipolar Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Eating Disorders including obesity, anorexia, bulimia
- Family Issues (See also Relationship Problems for issues involving couples.)
- Genetic Disorders other than Down Syndrome: Angelman Syndrome, Fragile X, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Others
- Learning Disorders
- Multiple Personality (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Online Therapy, Counseling, and Emotional Support
- Pain (Chronic Pain Syndrome)
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Paranoid, etc.
- Phobias and Irrational Fears
- Psychotherapy Consumer Information
- Relationship problems (Crushes, Dating, Marriage)
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress and Trauma
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Suicide Threats and Behavior See also Death and Dying.
- Trichotillomania: The Hairpulling Disorder
- Violent Behavior
Write to Dr. Dewey at email@example.com.
Back to Psych Web Home Page
...or.... Top of this file.
You can also search Psych Web for topics using the site-specific Google search box below.