Scholarly Psychology Resources on the Web
This section of Psych Web was created in the mid-1990s to offer links to scholarly information about various topics in psychology.
The scholarly resources section on Psych Web started in the era before Google, in 1995. Search engines existed but were not as good as they are now. When I did the 2017 revision of my online introductory psychology textbook, I had to look up references on a wide variety of topics, and I realized that link pages were truly obsolete. Google Scholar is the way to go.
Rather than simply deleting these sections, I am keeping the pages online, but in most cases they now offer only forwarding links to relevant chapters of my intro book, plus a brief tutorial on how to use Google Scholar.
- Abnormal Psychology, DSM categories
- Animals, comparative neuroscience, ethology, evolutionary psychology
- Behavioral psychology See also Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- Biofeedback and Psychophysiology Instrumentation
- Brain Imaging See also Neuroscience
- Careers Advice for students, licensure-help sites, job listing sites for psychologists
- Clinical and Counseling Psychology
- Cognitive science artificial intelligence
- Community Psychology
- Consciousness See also Cognitive Science and Sleep and Dreaming
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Development, genetics, infancy, childhood through aging, death and dying
- Educational psychology school psychology, teaching of psychology
- Forensic Psychology & Psychology and Law
- Health psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- History of psychology
- Humanistic psychology, transpersonal psychology, eastern philosophy and psychology
- Hypnosis A page of resources here at Psych Web
- Internet psychology, online counseling, psychology of internet use
- Industrial/Organizational psychology, human factors, ergonomics
- Memory, false memory syndrome, memory improvement
- Motivation and Emotion
- Political psychology
- Psychology and Religion
- Research psychology research on the web, research databases, ethics, tips
- Science, scientific method, critical thinking, quack science, science humor
- Sensation and perception
- Sleep and Dreaming
- Social psychology
- Software for psychologists and psychology students
- Sport psychology
- Statistics for Psychologists
- Teaching of Psychology
- Testing and Assessment
- Therapies, psychotherapy, counseling
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also search Psych Web for topics using the site-specific Google search box below.