You must turn off your ad blocker to use Psych Web; however, we are taking pains to keep advertising minimal and unobtrusive (one ad at the top of each page) so interference to your reading should be minimal.
If you need instructions for turning off common ad-blocking programs, click here.
If you already know how to turn off your ad blocker, just hit the refresh icon or F5 after you do it, to see the page.
Psychology: An Introduction
by Russell A. Dewey, PhD
Table of Contents
Welcome to the 2017-2018 revision of Psychology: An Introduction. Changes are discussed below after the table of contents.
Chapter Zero: How to Study this Book
Chapter 01: Psychology and Science
Chapter 02: The Human Nervous System
Chapter 03: States of Consciousness
Chapter 04: Senses and Perception
Chapter 05: Conditioning
Chapter 06: Memory
Chapter 07: Cognition
Chapter 08: Animal Behavior & Cognition
Chapter 09: Motivation and Emotion
Chapter 10: Development
Chapter 11: Personality
Chapter 12: Abnormal Psychology
Chapter 13: Therapies
Chapter 14: Frontiers of Psychology
Chapter 15: Social Psychology
Chapter 16: Sex, Friendship, and Love
About the 2017-2018 Revision
Here are some of the new features:
- automatic reformatting for smaller screens (responsive web design)
- fewer, longer pages (swiping is easier than navigating pages)
- shorter paragraphs (to avoid filling smaller screens with a wall of print)
- more links to other pages in the textbook (opened in separate pages)
- scholarly references listed on the bottom in APA format (most requested feature)
- ...and many updates and revisions
I ran spellchecks and linkchecks, and proofread multiple times, but there will still be errors! Please let me know about them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Copyright © 2007-2018 Russ Dewey
Send email to Dr. Dewey