Back to Psych Web
See Chapter 13 (Therapies) in my online introductory textbook, Psychology: An Introduction, 2017 edition.
I left the remainder of this page as-is (from earlier versions) and just deleted links that failed a link check in 2017.
The links on this page are to sites which discuss theories of psychotherapy.
- Albert Ellis Institute "Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) is a humanistic, action-oriented approach to emotional growth, first articulated by Dr. Albert Ellis in 1955..."
- Anna Freud Centre "Among the world's leading authorities on the psychoanalytic treatment of troubled children and young people"
- Behavior OnLine Including conversations with Warren Bennis: Fostering Leadership; Steven Locke: Behavioral Assessment; Aryeh Maidenbaum: Jungian Psychotherapy; Donald Meichenbaum: Narrative-Constructivist Therapy; Donald Nathanson: Shame and Affect Theory; Henry Stein: Classical Adlerian Psychotherapy
- Centre for Evidence-Based Mental Health "Promoting and supporting the teaching and practice of evidence-based mental healthcare"
- Cognitive/Behavioral Treatment of Trichotillomania by Fred Penzel, PhD
- EricBerne.com Web site of Eric Berne, author of Games People Play and creator of Transactional Analysis
- Experiential Psychotherapy "The first comprehensive Internet information site dedicated to the teaching, practice and discussion of experiential psychotherapy as developed by Dr. Alvin R. Mahrer."
- Psychological Research Foundation, Inc. By Loren Parks. "The basic element in all mental healing is called "SUGGESTION.""Faith healing" is another name for it." Interesting! This site has lots of free audio downloads for treating various problems using suggestion.
- Rogerian Rhetoric: An Alternative to Traditional Rhetoric, by D. Brent (1996). .
- Rogha Padraig O'Morain's site about William Glasser's Choice Theory and Reality Therapy
Resources and pages of links for teachers, researchers, and practitioners
- The Candy Cane and the Bear By Deborah David. After recovering from recovered memory therapy, Ms. David agrees with Freud's controversial conclusion that recovered memories of sexual abuse (if they involve memories not present before "recovery") are confabulations
- CenterWatch Clinical Trials Listing Service "...An international listing of clinical research trials."
- Journal Watch Psychiatry Search engine shows journal articles in psychiatry journals; access to full article requires free
- Philosophy of Psychiatry Bibliography Ethical, social, political, legal, historical and philosophical issues in mental health and psychiatry.
- The Pink Practice "The Pink Practice is a social constructionist and systemic counselling and psychotherapy practice for lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people."
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Psych Web Home Page
....Top of this file
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.