For free online personality tests, see the Testing and Assessment page.
- Antecedents of Personality Disorders in Young Adults From Psychiatric Times
- Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism "A pictorial and written archive of mythological, ritualistic, and symbolic images from all over the world and from all epochs of human history"
- Cognitive-Perceptual Theory "...A theory of personality designed to probe the interrelationship between autobiographical memory and personality"
- Constructivist Psychology NetworkGood summary and links relating to constructivism: the idea that people create their realities as much as they discover or receive them, pioneered in the 1950s by George Kelly
- Eric Berne, M.D. Site devoted to Eric Berne (1910-1970) author of Games People Play and founder of transactional analysis
- Freud: The Interpretation of Dreams Full-length, browsable version of Freud's classic work...the one Jung liked... Located here on Psych Web
- Freud: Jeffrey Masson and Freud Seduction Theory Allen Esterson argues against Freud's seduction theories, from a 1998 History of the Human Sciences article
- Freud: Sigmund Freud and the Freud Archives "Internet resources related to Sigmund Freud and his works. Included in this collection are libraries, museums, and biographical materials, as well as materials in the Brill Library archives."
- FreudPSA Freudiana...excerpts from essays about Freud, bookstore for Freud-related books.
- Jung: Notes on Jung by Marc Fonda, including a biographical sketch and summary of his ideas
- Jung: Eric Pettifors Jung Page With sections on individuation and archetypes
- Jung: Myers-Briggs resources A list of books and articles about the famous test
- Jung: Personality Discovery: Personality Patterns in Teachers and their Pupils Interesting background material on the Myers/Briggs Type Indicator, among other things.
- Jungian Psychology "Explore Jungian Psychology with Michael Daniels PhD" including description of MBTI types and an online I Ching Oracle (!)
- Jungian links From Michael Daniels' Jung Page with links to site about personality types, more
- Narcissism Revisited: Malignant Self-Love Interesting essay about the narcissistic personality type and disorder, different theories, DSM diagnosis of it, more.
- Object Relations Home Page "Object Relations...postulate that relationships, beginning with the mother-infant dyad, are primary, and...lay the foundation for the development of individual identity."
- Personal Construct Psychology Home Page "A constructivist system of psychology developed by George Kelly"
- Personality and Consciousness Eric Pettifor's ongoing project to describe all the major theorists online
- Personality Synopsis Christopher L. Heffner's online Personality Psychology textbook, organized by topic rather than by theorist
- Personality Theories"This is an electronic textbook ("e-text") created for undergraduate and graduate courses in Personality Theories." Wide coverage! By Dr. C. George Boeree of Shippensburg University.
- Personality Theorists "'Sketches' of various theories and theorists" each with pictures, quotations, etc. Nice!
- Personality: What makes us who we are? An Annenberg/CPB Project Exhibit, with interactive activities
- Psyche's Links A huge set of links, many of them obscure, related to Freudiana, models of consciousness, and other exotic stuff...as well as ordinary psychology
- Psychosynthesis Home Page "Psychosynthesis is...the focus is to achieve a synthesis, a coming together, of the various parts of an individual's personality into a more cohesive self."
- Rank (Otto Rank)"Once the favorite son of Sigmund Freud, Otto Rank eventually became one of his mentor's sharpest critics...."
- Research Sources on Concepts of Person and Self By Shaun Gallagher; excellent list of bibliographies, texts online, journals, and links
- Self-Doubt, Handicaps, and Hard Work By Robert M. Arkin - The Ohio State University. About self-handicapping and overcoming it. From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
- Temperament and Your Child's Personality by Robert F. Myers, Ph.D. of the Child Development Institute
- Vulnerability and Resilience Online chapter from National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.) Basic Behavioral Science Research task force includes discussion of sources of personality variation, attachment, self-Concept and self-Esteem
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.