back to top
Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
See the Self-Help Resources on the Internet page for links related to many specific disorders.
- Behavioral Issues in Pediatric Epilepsy From Psychiatric Times
- Behavioral Medicine, A New Frontier of Mind-Body Science By Vijai P. Sharma, Ph.D., Director of the Behavioral Medicine Center in Cleveland, TN
- BehavNetBehavioral Health Care information. Huge site.
- Brief History of the Origins of Behavioral Medicine By Richard C. Kennerly. A Microsoft Word document. As usual in this field, the historical review raises the straw man of "reductionism," claims reductionism is ubiquitous in science (which is surely was...in 1920) and claims that health psychologists who try to study psychological effects on health are going against this dogma and risking accusations of heresy...an oddly pervasive meme in the creation myths of health psychology. (No biologist is a strict reductionist any more, and all today's scientists recognize top-down as well as bottom-up influences in complex systems). Aside from that, it is a useful history.
- Cancer Prevention Research Center University of Rhode Island behavior change project aimed at life-style factors like smoking, substance abuse, high risk sex...
- The Cognitive Costs of Physical and Mental Health Applying the Psychology of the Developed World to the Problems of the Developing World. By Robert J. Sternberg and Elena L. Grigorenko - Yale University (Sternberg, Grigorenko), Moscow State University (Grigorenko). From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
- Division of Health Psychology A Division of the British Psychological Society (BPS) includes health psychology news and headlines
- Evidence-based Behavioral Medicine An attempt to use scientific criteria to select health and medical interventions
- Health Psychology APA journal allows browsing articles from current issue
- Healthfinder "A gateway consumer health information web site from the United States government"
- Healthpsych.com Health Psychology and Rehabilitation, an educational web site
- Healthwise Searchable database for "any question from sex to nutrition"
- Health Psychology and Rehabilitation Web Site "Research, viewpoints and practical suggestions about the practice of health psychology in medical and rehabilitation settings."
- Integrating Public Mental Health and Children's Systems of Care
- Is Laughter the Best Medicine or Any Medicine at All? From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
- Med-Psych"Where medicine and psychiatry overlap" but also comments about psychology and the psychology/psychiatry distinction
- Psychology and Its Contributions to the Health and Well Being of Older Adults From APA Online
- Psychology Builds a Healthy World: Science and Practice By Norine G. Johnson, Boston University Medical School. From the Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society) Distinguished Lectures/Special Topics Series
Write to Dr. Dewey at email@example.com.
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.