|This information is made available in order to facilitate research, mentorship, and teaching opportunities among scholars interested in the psychological study of religion. ALL other uses are prohibited.
||Name and Title
Hans Stifoss-Hanssen, dr philos, professor
The Practical Theological Seminary, University of
Email AddressResearch Interests
The Practical Theological Seminary, University of Oslo, P O
Box 1075 Blindern, N - 0316 Oslo, Norway
Religion and health, religiosity and mental health
- "Seeking maening or happiness - studies of selected aspects of the
relationship between religiosity and mental health", Trondheim/Tapir 1996.
- "Existential questions and health - research frontlines and challenges",
Stockholm/Forskningsrådsnämnden 1996 (with K Kallenberg).
- "Religion and Spirituality: What a European Ear Hears", The International Journal for the Psychology of Religion 1 - 9 1999.
- "Roles constitute religious experience - fiction and fact in Hjalmar Sunden's role theory, attribution theory and psychodynamic theory" in Sunden's role theory - an impetus to contemporary psychology of religion, eds N G Holm and J A Belzen, Åbo
(Finland)/Religionsvetenskapliga skrifter 27 1995.
- (Other publications in Norwegian)
Psychology and Religion Courses, Seminars, or Programs Taught
Health, mental health, existential questions, spirituality
Relevant Degrees or Certificates Available at Institution
Faith, health and care. Pastoral counselling.
Master of philosophy in contextual theology, Health candidate
English, Norwegian (Swedish, Danish), German