|This information is made available in order to facilitate research, mentorship, and teaching opportunities among scholars interested in the psychological study of religion. ALL other uses are prohibited.
||Name and Title
The Revd. Prof. Dr. James M. Day, Professor
Université catholique de Louvain, Department of Psychology, Research Centers in Mental Health and Human Development, and Psychology of Religion
Assistant Chaplain, Pro-Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, Brussels, Belgium
Ordained Priest: Church of England, Diocese in Europe, Anglican Communion
Email AddressResearch InterestsRepresentative Publications
Department of psychology and education, Centre for the psychology of religion, Pl. du Cardinal Mercier, 10, B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Research KeywordsPsychology and Religion Courses, Seminars, or Programs Taught
- R. Mosher, D. Youngman, & J. Day (Eds) (2006), Human development across the lifespan: Educational and psychological applications, Second Edition.
Westport: Praeger Publishing.
- Day, J. (in press) Psychological perspectives on religious development and
hierarchies of cognitive complexity: a review of the literature and some
implications for psychological growth and intervention in adulthood. World
Futures: The Journal of General Evolution.
- Day, J. (in press) Conscience: Does religion matter? Empirical studies of
religious elements in pro-social behaviour, prejudice, empathy
development, and moral reasoning. To appear in Koop, W.. (Ed.) The
Structure and Development of Conscience. London. Psychology Press.
- Day, J. (2007) Moral reasoning, religious reasoning, and their supposed
relationships: paradigms, problems, and prospects. Adult Developments: The
Bulletin of the Society for Research in Adult Development.10(1), 6-10.
- Day, J. (2007) Marital spirituality through the life course: insights from
psychology. In Sandor, M. (Ed.) Companion to marital spirituality.
- Day, J. (2007) Personal development. In F. Watts & E. Gulliford (Eds)
Jesus and Psychology: Approaching the Gospels Psychologically. London.
Dartman & Todd.
Relevant Degrees or Certificates Available at Institution
2 courses (30+30 h): Psychology of religion, Psychology of religion of child and adolescent
DEA in psychology (specialization: psychology of religion; 3d cycle program of 1 year); PhD in psychology